An Extensive Ready-Made Eco-Link connecting North-South and West
The Green Corridor potentially can serve as a nature connector linking Mandai Mangrove in the North to Southern Ridge in the South.
Along this N-S connector:
- estuarine mangrove river of Pang Sua,
- the primary forest of Bukit Timah Nature Reserve,
- extensive secondary forest of Clementi Woodlands
- pockets of woodlands in Portsdown, Alexandra and Spottiswoode
To the West:
- pockets of woodlands and farms along the old Jurong Line.
- the estuarine mangrove river system of Jurong River
- Jurong Lake parklands.
Agree, why spend so much money on building bridges between bukit timah and mac ritche when we have a perfect connector here. However i would advocate a cycling along the former railway line to make it accessible to the public