How can we keep the rail corridor rich in biodiversity?

Community gardens & nature should be reserved

Whatever is done to it, it should not become like the sanitised park connectors that already exist. It should have an atmosphere of "all of nature wild and free" (to borrow a line from a Madonna song), a rustic feel from the former Singapore. People should be allowed to continue their informal vegetable gardens and pluck fruits from wild fruit trees. Urbanised Singaporeans need to interact more with nature in order to understand it better. How can Singapore be green unless it's citizens have a feel of how nature works?

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Beng TangBeng Tang shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

It's much more difficult to convert a "park connector" to a wild corridaor... I hence support to conserve more of the corridor and open parts of it for recreational use. A 26-km cycling highway scares me..... will bring much disruption to the biodiversity that we have along the corridor now....

• Wei TsinnWei Tsinn commented  · 

it would be great to have a place where people can come to manage their own plot of land or engage in gardening pursuits... aided and educated by other more experienced enthusiasts... let's name it our SG Greenland, the garden that belongs to all Singaporeans!

Feedback and Knowledge Base